Wednesday 21 May 2008

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

So I saw a client last week. The client had been told that the only accommodation that might be available to them was about 2 Boroughs away.

So I dare ask the Local Authority the magic question. The magic question that gets my Local Authority acting all in a tis. The magic question that can often summon up offers of assured tenancies when there was only unsuitable accommodation before.

What is the magic question you may wonder?

'Have you accepted a duty to perform enquiries as per section 184 having reason to believe X may be homeless or threatened with homelessness in 28 days?'

After asking said question my client was magically offered an assured tenancy with the words 'I see you went to the CAB'.

No reply to my message of course.

It's clear to me why so far all the choice based schemes the Authority have looked at have been 'unsuitable' for at the moment the Authority have complete control over nominations and are therefore able to summon up such magical offers.

Tis a shame that so many people don't see the CAB but then I guess that's one of the reasons why the Local Authority do what they do.

Ho hum!

Go Go Chelsea! ;)

No comments: