Wednesday 23 April 2008

Cut and paste 2

Following my cut and paste response from my MP a client came into see me with a cut and paste 184 notification letter.

I hesitate to use the term '184 notification letter' as the LA involved hadn't signed it and hadn't made any mention of the reasoning behind why the client wasn't in priority need but rather just cut and paste section 189 and said none of these related to my client. Oh yeah they forgot to include the fact the client had a right to review to. Whilst picking apart terrible 184 letters is the favourite part of my job it saddens me that there are so many people who trust what the LA tell them and don't realise just how much they are being screwed (Pardon the French).

It wouldn't surprise me if the LA included an allowance for people who actually got some Legal Advice about these letters when working out how many people they could get rid of by issuing them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just atrocious. Is it an LA that does a lot of homeless? Or wholly inexperienced?

I would imagine it will just be withdrawn on review, so fairly cheap to try on...

House said...

It's a LA that knows better. Just a way to fob people off really.