Tuesday 18 March 2008

A fond farewell

Another sad day today as I understand that Pump Court's Housing Helpline is due to end on Friday 28th March 2008. Shelter's NHAS advice line appears to be the flavour of the moment and whilst, in my experience, Shelter provide a reasonable advice service I will certainly miss Pump Court's advice in the more complex cases (which there appear to be a whole lot of in the jolly world of housing law).

The quality of advice provided by such knowledgeable folks as Nicholas Nicol, Justine Compton, Alice Hilken, Joshua Dubin, Tony Ross (apologies if I've missed anyone) has proved invaluable in assisting client's in real need and they have often gone above and beyond their call of duty in providing extra assistance when asked.

I'm not sure if Garden Court still run a housing advice line (as for the last year I've only ever managed to get through to their answerphone). If anyone else knows of any advice line in addition to Shelter's NHAS line then please feel free to post!

2 comments:

Nearly Legal said...

Hi (and thanks for the link).

Garden Court's ask-a-barrister line also ends on 28 March. I haven't used them much, but both lines have been useful on occasion and it is a pity to see them go.


PS, can you turn on 'Name and Url' identification in your comments. I hate using this google id.

House said...

Thanks, anyone can post now without having to go through tedious sign up process!